Fall is my favorite time of year, and October is my favorite month! Not only is it my birth month, but it’s the month of pumpkins, football and cooler weather. It’s finally bearable to be outside in more clothing than a swim suit, and so it’s the perfect time to get out and explore!
Using my summer bucket list as inspiration, I’m going to start to-do lists for each season with the hope of making lots of memories.
Here’s where we’re at with our fall list:
- Take a Road Trip – DONE – I blogged about Part 1 of our trip to Savannah and Charlotte, as well as Part 2 to Columbia and Charleston.
- Check Out New Tampa Nature Park – TBD – I’m not sure what this park has to offer, but I’d like to check it out since it’s right down the road from us. It looks like there’s a playground and hiking path.
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch – PARTLY DONE – We visited the small patch at our church and plan to visit Sweetfields Farms in a couple weeks to get our fill of cute pumpkin pictures of the boys.
- Go to Disney – SCHEDULED – This is a doozy! We are going to spend the day at Magic Kingdom in a couple weeks. I have mixed emotions about this. On one hand I’m super excited, but on the other, I’m a little terrified of how the boys will handle such a big, overly stimulating day.
- Visit Florida Aquarium – DONE – Last month was “swaptember,” so those with zoo memberships could go to the aquarium or MOSI for free. I’ve been to the aquarium but it was the boys’ first trip. We enjoyed it, although I must admit I’m partial to the zoo. A lot of the aquarium’s exhibits seemed to have extras for older kids, and waiting in line and paying to park makes the trip a little more of a production than I’d like. We’ll check it out again when the little ones are a bit older.
- Hike at Hillsborough River State Park – TBD – There’s a fun hike along the Hillsborough River that Robert and I have done a couple times, and I think Luke is at an age where he can handle it and enjoy it.
- Visit Weeki Wachee Springs – TBD – Home of the world-famous mermaids, this quaint little park also has animals and a boat ride on the crystal clear Weekie Wachee River.
- Visit Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park – TBD – Back in my old stompin’ grounds, Homosassa Springs was a go-to field trip when I was growing up. Hopefully the boys will enjoy the animal encounters.
- Go to a Football Game – DONE – We had some adult time and went to a Bucs game with friends and then visited our alma mater with the boys for some tailgating before a Gator game. I can’t wait for the day we can bring the boys into the Swamp for their very first Gator game. I want them to be excited for it, and be able to sit still. Until then, we’ll take them to Gainesville and show them around campus. Being there to be a part of the energy surrounding a game is almost as fun as the game itself!
- Decorate Pumpkins – SCHEDULED – We’ll be carving pumpkins with friends this weekend. I have some new ideas for my pumpkins that I want to try out.
Fall is a fun, busy season! What are some things you do with your families this time of year?